What is the Health, Medicine and Drug Intelligence ?
Food companies and Pharmaceuticals industry have more in common if one changes their perspective. There are many factors driving these industries, some are specific and some are common. These common factors can be leveraged for product innovation and strategic markeing. For example, the explosion in diabetes cases will nececiate new product in 'sugar-free' and many similar hint exist. High salt or Sodium concern (obesity) is another example where edible brands can take notice. Iron deficiency concern should nudge brands to fortify their product with iron and stand out in the marketplace, is another case in point. Increase (over years) in certain food products should guide some of the R&D spend of large pharma companies. Above examples highlights the strong tango between health and food industry.
This report looks at the consumer’s interest in health with focus on various health conditions and drugs & medicine. It goes deep under the mind of the consumer to understand their search patterns, purchase behavior and intentions.
This report was created with the purpose of helping companies understand the health conditions, diseases, treatments, medical tests, tablets, capsules, pills, syrups searched and thereafter consumed by the Indians. Gutins mission is to uncover the consumer's interests in nutrition, supplement and healthy food consumption. If one must understand underlying drivers towards consumer's healthy choices, then its imperative that one must also understand health problems, drugs they are looking out for.
Who is it for ?
- Food and beverages brands - To craft their healthy food segment. To identify risk because of increasing health issue which directly or indirectly impacts their business
- Supplement companies -
- Pharmaceutical companies - Know the health concerns (rising), popular medication,
- International companies interested to understand Indian health and drug market
What geography does it cover ?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal
How Gutins intelligence is used by brands ?
Gutins intelligence is a guide to help Food, Health, Nutrition and Wellness brands to learn about consumer preferences, behavior and changing needs using consumer's digital impressions. It allows the brands to look at consumer thoughts from an analytics lens and decipher patterns. These could be related to flavor, habits, taste, health, desires, curiosity, fear, needs and brand preference.
It leads to deeper understanding of consumption and demand. Brands will see ideas for new product. Better consumer profile of individual states helps brand to optimize their marketing and distribution strategy. Brands will know other brands which have been able to create a recall factors with consumers.
A recurring high interest query not served well by brands, is a lost opportunity. The intelligence helps you anchor your attention to where the signal is coming.
Why do brands need to pay attention ?
We extract meaning out of the most primal digital footprints - Consumers Searches. Consumers are giving away their preferences, needs and choices with their searches. Using machine learning, natural language and data analytics, we extract context and insights. If one were to see these queries as answers, then what we are doing is crafting the right questions.
The consumer searches and queries are personal and honest, devoid of any pretension to look or sound cool as one would expect in general social media. Here, in this search are his pure interests, curiosity and desires. And when you use this perspective you start understanding your consumer deeper than others.
Why we use google search data and not other source ?
India has over 500 Million active interest users. This includes people who are accessing internet over phone. An estimate states that 98.8% of Indians prefer google search over any other search engine. This makes google search a very powerful source for data.
What is the consumer profile covered with the data ?
The search platform (Google Search being our data source) doesn't explicitly mentions the consumer profile. But its not very difficult to draw an inference on a common characteristics:
- He/She is literate
- He/She is digitally savy
- He/She has a smartphone
- Majority would come from Urban and Semi-Urban centers
- Majority would fall in the age gap of 21-55
Why are we good at what we do ?
Because of our singular focus. We only do Nutrition and Health. And we have put all our energy and attention on one market : India
Health, Medicine and Drug Intelligence
What is the purpose of this report ?The purpose of this report is to help companies and brands find key connection between health conditions and consumption as both drive each other.
Our mission is to help brands achieve 10x growth. For some, it will mean taking the revenue from USD 1 Million to USD 10 Million and for others it will be USD 10 Million to 100 Million. And for new brands, it would getting to its 1st Million.
What do we cover ?
- Drugs and medicines (azithromycin, paracetamol, ivermectin, cetirizine, viagra etc)
- Kind of drugs (antibiotic, antiparasite, antifungal, etc)
- Health condition, diseases and illness (Diabetes, diarrhea, Common cold, Allergy etc)
- Areas in human body (skin, abdomen, throat, hair, etc)
- Vitamin and Minerals (Vitamin A, E, Zinc, Omega 3, etc)
- Affinity food with health related searches
- Form of drugs (eg. tablet, capsule, drop,liquid etc)
What kind of insights ?
- Deficiency related orders across states
- Male and Female sex disorders and other conditions across states
- Top brands with most wide recall value among customer
- Which part of body are people most concerned about
- Combine different health condition and drugs to explore new product segment
- Re calibrate your geographic strategy based on individual states
- For brands reliant on digital marketing, re-frame your story which will resonate with each state.
- Not all states are same. For example, Punjab is different than Haryana in terms of their health concerns
- Diabetes and Sugar trends will important to large food brands
- Functional food brands looking at fortification will know which vitamin, mineral will be good for consumer
- Pharmaceutical company will learn about the trends in Herbal supplements trends
What this report is not ?This report covers consumer's interests and intentions and doesn't give market size estimates.This reports takes digital data of consumer so it might not capture what consumer are buying in modern retail.
Data Period2017-2021 (Upto date)
Number of Pages150
Sample Mini Analysis